We’re Here to Support You
Domestic or Family Violence is never ok but unfortunately, we see a lot of clients who go through it.
We know how difficult it can be dealing with the financial, physical & psychological affects that domestic or family violence has on a person. Separating from a partner or needing to cut off a loved one is difficult, and we want you to know we are here for you, every step of the way – you’re not alone.
What is Domestic & Family Violence?
Any violent, threatening or controlling behaviour which is intended to make you or your family feel scared or unsafe can be classified as Domestic or Family Violence.
The main forms of Domestic & Family Violence include:
- Psychological & emotional violence
- Sexual abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Financial abuse
- Physical abuse
In What Relationship Can Domestic or Family Violence Occur?
Domestic or Family Violence can occur in any of the following types of relationships:
- An intimate relationship – married, engaged, defacto or dating.
- A family relationship – children, parents, or your relatives.
- An informal care relationship – where someone is dependent upon the other person for day-to-day care & living.
What Can I Do Now?
If you need help leaving your home or support, there are support services offered locally. Our Family Resource Guide lists all the local support services that can help you in your time of need. Download our guide here
What Can PD Law Help with?
Our team can assist you with the following:
- Providing you with expert advice and advising you of your rights
- Applying for a Temporary Protection Order
- Applying for a Domestic Violence Protection Order
- Applying to vary the Terms of an existing Temporary Protection Order or Domestic Violence Protection Order
- Defending an application made against you for a Domestic Violence Protection Order
- Defending you against allegations or charges of Domestic Violence
Contact our family law team today if you require assistance with a Domestic or Family Violence matter.