What is Fraud?
In simple terms, fraud is defined as any deceitful or intentionally dishonest conduct performed by someone, which would result in financial or personal gain.
Types of Fraud
- Identity Theft
- Tax & Financial Fraud (including Credit Card Fraud)
- Insurance Fraud
- Internet Fraud
- Healthcare Fraud
- Real estate Fraud
- Mail Fraud
- Making False or Misleading Statements
What are the Possible Consequences?
|Fraud||5 years imprisonment (maximum)|
|Fraud (value over $100,00 or more)||20 years imprisonment (maximum)|
What Do I Do If I Have Been Charged with a Fraud Matter?
If you have been charged with fraud or are under investigation by the Police or another agency for fraud, it is imperative to seek legal advice as soon as possible.
What Can PD Law Help With?
- Provide expert legal advice
- Liaising with Counsel and other relevant parties
- Preparing Brief of Evidence
- Comprehensive preparation for sentence including researching comparative cases
- Preparing & representing you in Court
If you or someone you know needs assistance with a criminal matter, contact our criminal lawyers today.