Hi, I’m Ali.
I have been living in Airlie Beach on and off since 2009. I completed high school here and moved to the Gold Coast in 2014 to continue my education.
I completed a Bachelor of Laws at Griffith University and a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice at Bond University, at the Gold Coast. During my studies, I also attended a summer program at Oxford University in the UK. I studied international Relations & Business law; it was a great program learning about corporate business on a global scale. Studying overseas was a great experience, meeting people from various countries and learning about their legal systems, most of which are the opposite of our common law system in Australia.
After graduating, I returned to the Whitsundays in 2017, where I began working for PD Law as Graduate. I have worked in multiple areas of and have gained a wide variety of experience.
I was admitted as a solicitor in October 2018 in Townsville by my mentor and co-worker Elizabeth Smith and have been working in the commercial department assisting clients as an Associate.
Why Commercial Law?
I love research and complex situations, so law was the perfect fit for me when I was choosing my career path.
It allows me to think ahead in a variety of circumstances, and always find a solution. There is never the same matter twice – every client, every business & transaction is different, and keeps it interesting!
Having worked in multiple areas of law has afforded me the opportunity to develop a wholistic approach towards clients & their investments. I enjoy being able to assist clients to be in a better financial position and set them up to limit risks that they may inherently face due to the type of business they operate.
How would you describe your approach?
To me it’s important to build strong relationships with my clients – our first meeting is all about the client & how I can assist them. It’s my job to ensure that I cover all your business interests, not just one problem. I do this by listening & learning the business’s operations from start to end.
I enjoy being invested in my clients matters affecting them – being able to take an outside look into their situation often means I am better placed to identify risks and help clients.
I am pragmatic and work to achieve cost effective and risk reductive solutions for my clients. I treat my clients’ businesses or investments as if they were mine and offer them the same level of care & service that I would expect myself.
- Successfully running an application for statutory partition of property the subject of dispute with co-owners.
- Managing the smooth settlement of Businesses exceeding $5,000,000.
- Acting for publicly listed companies in the management of their assets including sale of assets.
- Acting for body corporate of both residential and commercial schemes in debt disputes and management of obligations.
- Acting in multistage community title developments exceeding 100 lots;
- Filing proceedings for specific performance from the Supreme Court to resolve Contract Disputes exceeding $1,000,000.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Laws – Griffith University
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – Bond University
- 5 years post admission experience