Hi, I’m Jemma.
I moved to the Sunshine Coast when I was 10 years old. Growing up there was always something fun & exciting to do. I had always enjoyed the beautiful beaches and natural landscapes that the Sunshine Coast provided.
After finishing high school, I immediately enrolled in a Bachelor of Laws with the University of the Sunshine Coast. I completed my degree in November 2022, and was admitted as a solicitor in June 2023.
I decided to move to the Whitsundays, as I had been here for a few holidays and fell in love with the area. I love the atmosphere and the lifestyle the Whitsunday’s provides and decided to start my professional career here with PD Law, as I was looking to work in a dynamic and growing region alongside a great hard-working team.
I was interested in studying law as I was excited about the intellectual challenge it would give me.
I have always had an interest in working in Commercial Law. I enjoy assisting professionals in managing their businesses and their commercial interests. I want to use my legal skills and knowledge to help businesses navigate complex legal issues to achieve their goals. Additionally, I am also interested in the intellectual challenge of working with intricate contracts and negotiations and enjoy the opportunity to work with a variety of clients and industries.
How would you describe your approach?
Having previously worked in family law, it allowed me to develop a deeper understanding of legal processes and the needs of my clients.
I would describe my approach as client focussed; by communicating effectively and building a relationship of trust, I strive to achieve the best outcome for my clients.
- Working on a variety of challenging cases and developing strategies and arguments with a high level of detail.
- Drafting and reviewing Court documents and legal correspondence.
- Negotiated with opposing groups to reach resolutions, avoided litigation, and received positive outcomes for the clients.
- Assisted clients in a variety of areas of law including Family Law, Criminal Law, Will and Estates, Property and Commercial Law.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Laws – University of the Sunshine Coast
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – College of Law