Hi, I’m Peta.
I have called North Queensland home for 25 years and have been living in Bowen for the last 15 years, whilst raising my family and we love it here.
I worked as a paralegal for 10 years and decided I wanted to further my career by becoming a lawyer.
In 2015 I completed a Bachelor of Laws through CQU as a mature aged student, whilst juggling being a mother of three and having a full-time workload.
After completing my Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, I was admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court and High Court of Australia in 2016. After being admitted, I worked in a local law firm in Bowen for 5 years working in all aspects of law but predominantly in criminal law, family law and wills & estates.
In early 2021 I was presented with an opportunity to be an integral part of the newly developed PD Law Bowen team and since that time I haven’t looked back.
I was admitted on a Friday and attended my first Magistrates Court appearance 3 days later – it must’ve been fate, because I ended up falling in love with crime and court work.
Since then, I have worked at becoming the best criminal law advocate I can possibly be, and I really enjoy getting down to the nitty gritty of each matter. I adopt a no-nonsense honest approach to my work and my clients appreciate that they can approach me about anything and be given sound, solid advice.
Over the years I have also developed a keen interest in Family Law and the reward that comes from guiding my clients through what may well be the most difficult period of their lives.
How would you describe your approach?
I would describe my approach as direct and honest, regardless of a matter my client may have I am not afraid to tell someone how it is.
Hiring a lawyer can be expensive. I am very aware of this; I’m not going to mess around and do work just for the sake of charging someone money. Firstly, because it’s wrong and secondly, we don’t need to complicate anyone’s case any further.
It’s my job to take the stress away, and for my client to feel like I have their best interests at heart. For every client, and in every case, I will do everything in my power to fight for them – everyone deserves to have someone in their corner and I’m that person for my clients.
- Standing in the Supreme Court being admitted and watching my mum cry in the crowd.
- My first district court trial. It’s an amazing feeling being a part of something where the traditions of 100 years ago have followed through to today.
- Winning a hearing that should have been unwinnable – 2022
- Obtaining a fantastic outcome for some family law clients at hearing. It was a long and arduous process and as soon as we walked out of the court room the clients collapsed in my arms and cried.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Laws – Central Queensland University
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – Queensland University of Technology
- 17 years’ experience in the industry, 7 years as a lawyer