What are The General Eligibility Requirements for Australian Citizenship?
- Be a permanent resident at time of lodgement & decision
- Satisfy the resident requirement
- Have passed the citizenship test (not applicable to applicants over the age of 60)
- Be of good character
- Be likely to continue to reside in Australia or maintain a close & continuing association with Australia
What are the Citizenship Pathways?
Citizenship by Conferral
Permanent residents & New Zealand Special Category Holders (including persons over 60 years old)
Citizenship by Adoption
If you were adopted by an Australian citizen outside of Australia, under the Hague Convention or bilateral arrangement
Citizenship by Descent
Your parent was an Australian citizen when you were born overseas
What is the Application Process?
- Enquire With the Team
We discuss your visa options, and future migration goals in depth. We provide you with personalised migration advice based on your current circumstances and take your instructions on how you wish to proceed.
- Collaboration With the Team
Together we work on obtaining your documents & information required for your chosen visa subclass, to meet eligibility criteria. We work on your school enrolment, draft application and prepare your supporting evidence to supply to the Department of Home Affairs.
Lodgement of your application is completed – your applications will remain pending during the processing time. We will keep you updated throughout the processing time and continue to update the application.
- Citizenship Test & Interview
The Department of Home Affairs will invite you to attend your Citizenship Test & Interview. We will send you practice tests, to help you prepare for this.
The decision on your citizenship application will be received, and our team will call you to inform you of the good news!
What Can PD Law Help With?
- Citizenship Eligibility Assessment
- Providing Legal Advice and Assistance
- Preparing citizenship application (including any necessary application forms, and supporting submissions)
- Compiling citizenship application in the required form for lodgement
- Lodging citizenship application with the Relevant Authority
- Monitoring of citizenship application with the relevant authority
Citizenship is a lengthy and in-depth process which requires a lot of information and documents. Call us today for assistance with your citizenship application.