What You Need to Know About AAT Applications
If you have received a visa or nomination refusal, you may be eligible to apply to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) for an appeal. The AAT is an independent organization from the Department of Home Affairs and reviews the decision on your application to determine whether a mistake in decision was made or not.
What is the Application Process?
- Enquire With the Team
We discuss your refusal in detail and your future migration goals in depth. We provide you with personalised migration advice based on your current circumstances and take your instructions on how you wish to proceed.
- Collaboration With the Team
Together we work on obtaining your documents & information required for your AAT application within the prescribed time period. We work on your draft application and prepare your supporting evidence to supply to the AAT.
Lodgement of your AAT application is completed – your application will remain pending during the processing time. We will keep you updated throughout the processing time and continue to update the application.
The AAT will invite you to a hearing for your AAT application. We will attend the hearing (with you) and provide the AAT with the submissions outlining the arguments of your case.
The decision on your AAT application will be received, and our team will call you to inform you of the decision. The application will then be remitted to the Department of Home Affairs for a new decision to be made.
What Can PD Law Help With?
- Providing Legal Advice and Assistance
- Preparing AAT application (including any necessary application forms, and supporting submissions)
- Compiling AAT application in the required form for lodgement
- Lodging AAT application with the Relevant Authority
- Prepare of submission outlining legal arguments of case
- Representation in the AAT
- Monitoring of AAT application with the relevant authority
If you have a refusal or cancellation for an Australian visa, nomination or application call us today to discuss.