26 Oct We are hiring! Office Receptionist
Who are we
- are a small and progressive law firm located in Whitsunday, north of Mackay and south of Townsville
- Offer comprehensive legal services in the areas of property conveyancing & development, business transactions and leasing, wills and estates, family and criminal law
- have a proud second generation legal history in the Whitsunday region
- are dedicated to our team, ensuring the ‘work / life’ balance is as good as it gets
- occupy a modern office on the waterfront in the beautiful Whitsundays.
This is a great opportunity for a reliable and self-motivated person to work in a busy law firm, located on Cannonvale Beach in the Whitsundays.
Based on the Reception desk, you will be responsible for:
- Trust and General Account receipting and reconciliation
- Answering reception phone calls in a timely and professional manner
- Creating invoices and managing debtor payments
- Attending Conveyancing settlements
- Booking appointments for staff, sending SMS and email confirmations
- Taking messages and ensuring they are passed on to relevant person
- Taking card payments in person or over the phone
- Greeting clients and visitors to the firm
- Making tea, coffee and other beverages where required
- On forwarding of faxes to appropriate personnel
- Ensuring boardroom is set up and cleared before and after meetings
- Maintaining kitchen – ensuring dishes are washed and put away, wiping benches, restocking kitchen supplies
- Stocking stationary
- Attending to the mail – incoming and outgoing
- Banking cheque deposits and cash deposits
- Ad hoc duties as requested
- Hand delivery of mail where required
- Photocopying or scanning documents
Who are we looking for
To be considered for this excellent opportunity you should meet the following:
- A drivers licence and own vehicle is highly desired
- A Certificate II in Business is highly desired
- Some professional office experience (office work experience would be beneficial)
- Ability to type accurately
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Strong attention to detail including spelling and grammar
- Able to follow instructions and work to deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Methodical and thorough with a very, very high attention to detail
- Polite and clear telephone manner
- Professional personal presentation
What does it pay?
That will depend on you! We pay above market rates for our region.
If this sounds like you
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, do not delay! Please note this is a full time, permanent position and you must be available to work on this basis.
The position description is attached here office-receptionist-new-ad-27102016 .
Please provide two referees and a covering letter with your resume and send to email@example.com
Applications close 14 November 2016 or when the position is filled.